Mom Burnout is the emotional and physical exhaustion you feel under the weight of chronic stress of parenting. Do you sometimes feel a little ‘about’ your children at times? Is your empathy and ability to deal with their emotions a bit thinly spread? No matter how much you sleep, you feel tired all the time? Maybe you feel less and less self-sufficient and struggle to give personal recognition to yourself?
Burnout is not for sissies.
Few Moms can admit that they are quietly struggling with Burnout. It is such a vulnerable process to acknowledge yourself and others. What if you are not Good-Enough to get up the mast?
You’re not alone Mom.
What does it mean to be burnt out?
- A continuous bad mood
- Inability to control emotions
Feeling ‘touched’ or ‘touched out’
- Difficult to think clearly
- Loss of pleasure in parenting
- Numbness with addictive behavior
- Decreasing physical health
- Get angry furiously fast
- Forget or avoid important appointments
Tips to Overcome Burnout:
- Try to reach out to yourself before trying to care for others
- Address your perfectionism
- Try to Prioritize Yourself and Your Needs
- Learn to say no, even to your children
- Reduce the amount of decisions you have to make daily
- Be open to intimacy (not just sex) with your partner and communicate
- Learn to ask for help
- Your needs are very important
- Check in and re-evaluate your priorities
- Engage in Deliberate Self-Care
- Set Boundaries
- Learn to say ‘No’.
Follow @BetterMom for more tips to master this Mom-thing.